Thursday, July 5, 2012

Greek Chicken Pasta



Thanks to Mike's cousins Allison and Brian for this recipe.  I just changed a few things.  Unfortunately the picture I took before eating didn't save, and by the time I realized it the food was gone! 

2-3 chicken breast 
1 box linguine pasta
2-3 lemons for juicing 
8 oz package of feta cheese  
Extra virgin olive oil  
1 package of cherry or grape tomatoes 
1 red bell pepper 
1 tablespoon oregano
1/4 cup red onion
Salt/pepper

Grill & dice, or dice & saute, chicken, set aside. Dice red bell pepper & onion, saute in the pan that you cooked the chicken in.  
Slice tomatoes in half.

Cook pasta. (I only used 1/2 a box)  
     
Add cooked chicken to peppers/onion, cook 1-2 minutes to warm. Then add the sliced tomatoes to the saute pan and heat for about 1 minute.

In a bowl mix juiced lemons, EVOO, oregano, salt & pepper (to taste). Add pasta to the bowl and mix to coat the pasta.  Then add the mixture in the sauté pan and the feta cheese, mix well.

(With only a 1/2 box of pasta this was plenty for 3 people, maybe 2 really hungry eaters)

No comments:

Post a Comment