Friday, July 27, 2012

Broccoli & Cheese Couscous

A version of couscous Mike almost liked ... he's just not a fan and I haven't found a recipe yet that he will eat without complaining.  This reminds me of that Christmas dinner broccoli-cheese casserole, except I have to imagine its better for you, or maybe I am just hoping!


Served here with Beer Butt Chicken


1 box broccoli & cheese couscous
1 cup broccoli florets
1/2 small onion
1 large tomato
1 tbl olive oil or butter
2 cloves garlic
salt/pepper
1/2 cup cheddar cheese


Prepare the couscous as directed by the package - I substitute stock for water, I think it adds more flavor.  Cover & set aside.


Heat butter/oil, garlic & onion, about 2 minutes or until tender.  Add broccoli, cover and cook 2-3 minutes.  Add tomato and cook another 1-2 minutes.


Fluff couscous with fork, stir in cheddar cheese.


Serve broccoli mixture over couscous.

No comments:

Post a Comment