Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Foil-Packet Chicken-Broccoli Dinner


Super easy & really good.  I cut the recipe in half, since there are only two of us.  I did not have bacon, although I imagine that would have made this really awesome.  I bought a large bag of dried stuffing instead of Stove Top so I could make two servings instead of 4 & followed the directions on the package to make it.  And I used half ranch and half milk to thin it out, I felt like the thickness of the ranch would make it settle on top.  My chicken breasts were pretty big, the one about 6oz still took about 35 minutes to cook and the larger one about 50, I just opened the edge and stuck a thermometer in to test the temps.  Since its wrapped in foil I just took the smaller one out of the oven & left it sealed, it stayed warm until the second one was done.  I imagine these could be cooked on a grill or over a camp fire in their handy packets.  You could probably put them in one large packet too.  I also seasoned the chicken with pepper & garlic salt, it seemed crazy to not season it at all before cooking it!



1 package stuffing mix
1 1/4 cup water
4, 6oz chicken breasts
4 cups broccoli
1 cup shredded cheddar
4 slices cooked bacon crumbled
4 TBL ranch dressing


- Oven to 400
- Spray 4 large sheets of heavy-duty foil with oil.
- Combine stuffing mix and water.
- Spoon 1/4 of the stuffing mixture onto the center of each foil sheet.
- Top stuffing with a 6oz. chicken breast half.
- Top chicken with 1 c. broccoli.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 of the cheese and 1 slice of bacon, crumbled.
- Drizzle with 1 T. ranch dressing
- Bring up foil sides and fold to seal, leaving room for heat circulation inside
- Place packets on a cookie sheet and bake 25-30 mins
- Remove packets and let stand 5 mins
- Cut sits in foil for steam before opening, makes 4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment