This is adapted from a recipe given to me by a family friend. It is a great change to the traditional italian pasta salad served at every summer BBQ.
The 3 bean salad consists of green beans, yellow wax beans and kidney beans. I always go to the canned vegetable section first, as the first two ingredients are veggies, however I usually search the store until I remember it's generally housed with the baked beans instead. Make sure you do NOT drain the salad, if you do you will have no dressing!
I also don't worry about the size of the package of tortellini too much. Frozen is usually 12-13 oz, fresh is usually around 9oz. Whatever package size I buy I use the whole thing.
1 (12oz) package frozen cheese tortellini (you can use fresh also)
1 (15 oz) can 3 bean salad, UNDRAINED
2 cups torn fresh spinach
2 chopped roma tomatoes
1/4 red onion
1/2 tsp. italian seasoning
salt/pepper
Cook tortellini according to package. Drain, rinse & cool.
Combine 3 bean salad, spinach, tomato, onion and seasoning in the bowl.
Toss in tortellini.
Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment