Friday, August 24, 2012

Overnight Refrigerator Oatmeal


This was good.  I didn't have any jars, and I don't think it really matters.  I used strawberries and I think next time I might do maple syrup & brown sugar or apples & cinnamon.  I also think adding nuts on top when you are ready to eat would be yummy.  I would like to make another batch, I am curious as to how long it will hold in the fridge, aka can I make a few Sunday night and eat them each morning or will it go bad?  We shall see...

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup yogurt
  • 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
  • 1/4 cup chopped berries
  • additional berries for topping
Instructions
  1. Combine all ingredients, stir, cover and refrigerate overnight. Top with additional berries if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment