I forgot to add the bullion in the orzo water so I added a little extra olive oil when serving to give the orzo some more flavor. I also removed the onion before adding the chicken, then returned when the chicken was almost complete. I just have a personal issue with trying to cook meat thoroughly with other items fully cooked and in the way. Other than that, it was yummy!
▪
1 tbsp olive oil
▪
1/2 cup yellow onions, chopped
▪
2 cloves of garlic, minced
▪
1/2 tsp dried thyme
▪
8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
▪
2 boneless, skinless chicken
breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
▪
1/4 lb of orzo, cooked per
instructions
▪
2-3 tsp chicken bouillon granules
▪
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
▪ 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Cook the orzo in water along with
the chicken bouillon granules, per instructions.
Heat oil in a large skillet over
medium high heat.
Add chopped onion, mushrooms, and thyme; sauté for 5 minutes
or until the onion is tender.
Add the chicken, sea salt and freshly cracked pepper,
to taste then sauté 7-8 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and cooked
through; add the minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
Remove skillet from the heat then add the cooked orzo, Parmesan and parsley to
the chicken mixture and toss. Taste and re-season with salt and pepper if need.


No comments:
Post a Comment