This reminded me of pot roast or oso buco, neither of which I care for. It was not bad, Mike at it all, I would have just preferred chicken/turkey/pork ... not a huge beef person. This recipe is normally doubled, below is the 'cut it in half' recipe and it fed two perfectly. If you prefer something other than cube steak you can definitely use it, however the meat falls apart, so I would choose the cheapest cut. I think adding some mushrooms and onions to the crockpot would add a lot to this dish.
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 lb cube steak
1/2 packet french onion soup mix
1/3 cup water
salt/pepper
milk
Season meat with salt and pepper. Add meat, mushroom soup, french onion soup mix and water to crockpot. Cook on low 6-8 hours. I added some milk at the end to give us more gravy, and then served over noodles.
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment