Monday, August 20, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Chicken


I adjusted this recipe for 3 servings, its easily changed.  The original recipe calls for cream cheese, I used cheddar instead.  I bet the cream cheese runs less.  You definitely need to broil at the end, or the bacon isn't brown or crunchy.  After broiling the top is only browned, next time I think I will flip it to broil all sides.


Ingredients:

  • 3 chicken boneless skinless chicken thighs
  • 3 oz cheddar cheese
  • 3 fresh jalapeno peppers
  • 6 slices of bacon
  • salt/pepper

Method:

  1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Trim fat and season chicken with salt & pepper
  3. Carefully cut each jalapeno in half lengthwise and cut or scoop out the seeds. Discard the seeds.
  4. For each piece of chicken, fill two pepper half's with cheese, place on the chicken, roll and wrap with a slice of bacon.
  5. Arrange chicken on a baking dish and bake 40 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Broil a few minutes at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment