Sunday, August 19, 2012

Cake Mix Banana Cookies

Little Miss Kendall came over today and we went on a baking spree.  We made these and Smore's Cookies and both were yummy!  These tasted like banana bread in cookie form.  I left out chocolate chips, as I ran out after the smore spree, and honestly I don't think they needed them.  I might add a little nutmeg next time for some extra spice.

Ingredients:
1 box (18.25 ounces) white cake mix
2 eggs
1/4 cup water
2/3 cup shortening
2 cups quick oats, uncooked
1 cup mashed banana
1 package (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
1/2 cup nuts, chopped

Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
In large bowl, blend cake mix with
eggs, water, shortening and oats.
Fold in bananas, chocolate morsels and nuts.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes; cool on wire rack.
Yields about 5 dozen cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment