Sunday, September 23, 2012

White Bean Kale & Chorizo Soup

This was a really good soup recipe.  I had never had kale before, but it was at the farmers market today so I thought I would try it out.  I used half beef & half chicken broth - because that was all I had, it tasted awesome.  I am sure this would be good without chorizo & using veggie broth too, but you would definitely need more seasoning and spice without the chorizo.




Ingredients

  • 1 package chorizo
  • 1 cup prechopped onion 
  • 2 Bay leaves
  • garlic cloves, minced 
  • 5 cups chicken broth 
  • (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
  • 4 cups prechopped kale
  • Salt & Pepper to taste

Preparation

  1. 1. Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chorizo to pan; sauté 1 minute. Add onion and garlic to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
  2. 2. While onions cook. Add broth, bay leaves and beans to pan; bring to a boil. Partially mash beans with potato masher. Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes, check seasoning level.  Stir in kale, cook over medium heat about 6 minutes. Serve with parmesan cheese if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment