Yummy but messy! The meat/cheese did not peel off the bread as easily as the internet makes it sound. I made it as a main dish, it could serve 4. I would like to find small sourdough loafs so that it would be enough for 2, that way I will not be inclined to eat the whole thing! I also think the smaller loafs might allow for easier stuffing since the bread isn't so tall and maybe peeling off will be easier?
Ingredients:
1 round loaf of sourdough bread
1/2 C Shredded mozzarella Cheese
4 oz italian cheese, sliced/cubed
1 package pepperoni/sausage/etc.
3 T butter, melted
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t italian seasoning
1/2 t red pepper flakes
Pizza/Marinara sauce for dipping
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. With a sharp bread knife, cut slits about one inch apart horizontally, then vertically, into the bread almost to the bottom of the loaf - careful not to cut too deep
3. Move loaf of bread to an aluminum foil covered cookie sheet.
4. Stuff meat and cheese in each of the slits.
5. Combine butter & seasonings in a small cup. With a pastry brush, brush the seasoned butter over the entire loaf.
6. Cover with another piece of aluminum foil, bake for 15 minutes.
7. Unwrap bread, bake another 10 minutes until slightly golden.
8. Serve with warm marinara/pizza sauce.


No comments:
Post a Comment