Monday, June 18, 2012

FAIL: dried strawberries

This recipe looked awesome http://www.theworldwidegourmet.com/recipes/dried-strawberries-ruscalleda/ ... what a great idea!  Seems simple enough, bake strawberries at 210 degrees for 3 hours, woolah - dried strawberries!  Wrong ...




It started off good, the strawberries were nice & ripe, I even thought I would try some cherries and raspberries since the recipe seemed so easy!




FAIL!

The berries came out, not looking NEARLY as read and pretty as the website lead on.  Then, they were stuck to the parchment paper, all the juices came out of the berries and cooked and hardened to the paper, seeping through to then stick to the cookie sheet.  I had to use a spatula to scrape what I could off of the pan.  All of the fruit actually tasted good, but it looks awful, seems like a waste of good fresh fruit to me.

Maybe next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment