Ok, so this isn't food, but I had to do it for little Brynn! How cute?! And sooo easy!
- 1 yard of each color of Tulle, red, white & blue
- white felt sheet
- modge podge
- white glitter
- 1 button
- 1 pair white tights
- elastic
First, measure the circumference of the waist and head of the child.
Cut the elastic to the waist measurement and sew the ends together. For the headband, cut the toes off of one leg of the tights. Measure the length of the headband, then sew the ends together the same as the elastic.
I did a quarter of the skirt in blue, then alternated the red & white stripes around the remainder. Woolah!
I then cut white stars out of felt, covered them in modge podge & white glitter and hot glued them to the blue tulle when dried.
To finish the headband I took 2 pieces of each color tulle stacked on each other, folded it in half and stitched it to the nylon headband. I then scrunched the center and added the button to cover the stitching. Once it was all secure I "fluffed" the bow so you could see all of the colors.
- 1 yard of each color of Tulle, red, white & blue
- white felt sheet
- modge podge
- white glitter
- 1 button
- 1 pair white tights
- elastic
First, measure the circumference of the waist and head of the child.
Cut the elastic to the waist measurement and sew the ends together. For the headband, cut the toes off of one leg of the tights. Measure the length of the headband, then sew the ends together the same as the elastic.
Cut each piece of tulle into 16" sections (if you are making this for an older child you will need more than a yard of each tulle, and more than 16" length). Roll tightly then slice into 2" sections.
Tie the tulle to the elastic. I slid the elastic band around my leg to hold it steady, slid the tulle under & found the center, then simple tied a knot. The closer together, the fuller the tutu.
I did a quarter of the skirt in blue, then alternated the red & white stripes around the remainder. Woolah!
I then cut white stars out of felt, covered them in modge podge & white glitter and hot glued them to the blue tulle when dried.
To finish the headband I took 2 pieces of each color tulle stacked on each other, folded it in half and stitched it to the nylon headband. I then scrunched the center and added the button to cover the stitching. Once it was all secure I "fluffed" the bow so you could see all of the colors.
And there is the finished product! No I did not make the socks, but they were too cute to pass up. The whole process took about a hour and cost about $10!

No comments:
Post a Comment