Sunday, April 21, 2013
Dr. Oz 3 Day Detox
All this hype about cleanses got me thinking...why was I feeling tired, crappy, etc. So after talking with a friend who was in the process of a 30 DAY detox, and realizing there was no way I had the willpower to manage that I read more into the Dr. Oz 3 day detox that was all over the place http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-ozs-3-day-detox-cleanse-one-sheet I decided to try it, I could make it three days, but I had to plan it for when my husband was going to be out of town. No way would he participate and if I had the food in the house tempting me it would be an epic fail.
Day 1: My stomach was slightly nauseated all day. It started during the morning tea, so I am not sure if it was the cleanse process or just an upset stomach. Breakfast smoothie was good. Lunch took me 4 hours & 3 trips to the refrigerator to chill more, to get down. It initially wasn't that bad, but the longer it sits the worse it gets, the problem is it is too thick and there is too much to drink fast! Dinner was interesting, the cayenne pepper really throws you off. However I was not hungry and did not have a snack smoothie since by the time I finished lunch it was almost time for dinner.
Day 2: I felt great. Had an awesome night of sleep and woke up ready to go. I only drank half of the lunch smoothie, I just couldn't do it again. Got home from work and made a breakfast smoothie for snack before going for a run. In the dinner smoothie I cut the cayenne in half, it was much more tolerable. I craved "chewing" all day, and after my dinner smoothie I was feeling hungry, I think it is because I went for a decently long run and just needed more energy. So I ate a banana with some Almond butter. My rationale was that I would get the "chewing" out of my system and they were ingredients in a smoothie so they should still be part of the detox plan. I could feel the hunger when it got close to meal time, but the smoothies did their job at meal time.
Day 3: I woke up after another really good night of sleep. I was waking up a little before my alarm, not in the middle of the night at all, and feeling really well rested and refreshed. Lunch was becoming increasingly difficult and I was only able to finish about 1/4 of a smoothie. I came home from work and made my dinner smoothie before going to class, again with only 1/2 the cayenne. I was going to count that as my "snack" smoothie and make an additional dinner smoothie for dinner, then I realized the shopping list on Dr. Oz's page does not account ingredients for 'snack' smoothies and I was out of many ingredients. So I made a snack smoothie of my own concoction, using only ingredients on the shopping list that I had leftover. I was hungry all day, I am sure I needed the nutrients of the lunch smoothie to make me feel full, but I just couldn't get it down again.
Noteworthy changes/issues:
- I could not find coconut oil for less than $15/jar, and the jars were huge. I only needed 3 tablespoons and I had no idea what I would do with the rest of the massive jar. So I decided to substitute the oil with unsweetened coconut milk. I don't know what kind of effects this had on the benefits of the detox.
- I also could not find lavender essential oil, so I found an organic lavender soap bar to use in the bath, I am sure it had the same effect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment