Thursday, June 24, 2010

Herbed Shrimp and Asparagus

****

1 bunch asparagus
1/3 c olive oil
1/4 onion
2 cloves garlic
1 lb shrimp
1/4 c flour
1/2 c chicken stock
2 tbl parsley
2 tbl basil
salt
pepper
2 tomatoes - chopped
1/4 c butter
2 tbl melted butter

1. Put asparagus in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes.  Remove and place in ice water.  (I cooked mine by roasting it in the oven with some olive oil, was very good).
2. Heat oil and saute onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
3. In a bowl dust shrimp with flour until coated.  Add shrimp to pan and saute for 3 minutes, until shrimp is pink.
4. Add stock, parsley, basil and salt/pepper and simmer 2 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes and 1/4 cup butter.  Cook until tomatoes are soft and butter melts.
6. Brush asparagus with melted butter and spoon shrimp on top.

I served this with a box of Basil & Herb Pearl Couscous & it was very good!  There was a lot of sauce with the shrimp so I think rice/noodles/something is good to eat the rest of the sauce with.

No comments:

Post a Comment